The 'How to Guide' for Leadership for Safety
This guide from Patient Safety First explains how board members and senior leaders can provide appropriate leadership for safety within their organisation.
It focuses on implementing leadership for safety, offering a set of tools and strategies to engage staff and support them in improving quality and reducing harm.
The key elements are:
- setting and focusing on strategic goals
- providing demonstrable leadership
- ensuring executive accountability
- monitoring system level measures
- monitor progress and drive execution
- build knowledge and capacity for safety improvement.
This guide also includes a list of more detailed resources and further reading that leaders will find useful.