Manchester Patient Safety Framework (MaPSaF)
The Manchester Patient Safety Framework (MaPSaF) from the NPSA is a tool to help NHS organisations and healthcare teams assess their progress in developing a safety culture.
The MaPSaF can be used to:
- facilitate reflection on patient safety culture
- stimulate discussion about the strengths and weaknesses of the patient safety culture
- reveal any differences in perception between staff groups
- help understand how a more mature safety culture might look
- help evaluate any specific intervention needed to change the patient safety culture.